Monday, February 3, 2014

Waste Land

Hey guys! So this post does not pertain to my blog topic but I wanted to share my thoughts on a movie I watched:
I watched the movie Waste Land. The Documentary is about the garbage pickers in Rio De Janerio. An artist, Vik Muniz, goes there to depict the lives of some of the picker's lives into art. It showed me an amazing perspective on life. I was amazed by the people in this documentary. It was great that the artists could make something so beautiful out of something that we all think is ugly. The lives and living conditions of these people made me extremely grateful for what I have been blessed with. It also struck me how with a little bit of motivation in there lives and with some help from the artist they could begin to turn their lives into so much more. I think that is an important lesson to all of us. The little help and motivation that we give to others can really make a difference in the lives of others. I know it has in mine and I know it can in so many other's. I hope that I can do something little to make a big difference and I hope that you all can do that too! If you want to watch the movie it is on Netflix and I am sure you can check it out from the nearest library. You can also read about the movie at http://www.wastelandmovie.com.  Let me know what you guys thought of the movie too!
Final portrait of Magna.

1 comment:

  1. I loved your perspective on the movie. This movie also made me very grateful for the life I have, and also motivated me to be someone who can help others change their own lives. I like how you stated that you know your life has been affected by others, because everyones' has. One of my favorite quotes is by MLK, "Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly." It is amazing to think that by trying to help one person, we also affect and can help many unseen others. This movie for example- Vik Muniz was able to help the pickers, but the pickers were able to help the viewers recognize they can make a difference.

    ReplyDelete