I watched another amazing documentary that I'd like to share with you all! It is called God Grew Tired of Us. It is about some of the lost boys of Sudan and their journey to America. It is amazing to me how what is so normal to us, is so foreign and strange to others coming to this country. I was so impressed that the boys not only wanted to better their lives, but also wanted to help better the lives of those who they loved and lived with in Sudan. One of the biggest lessons that I learned from this movie was the importance of making changes in our lives to help the lives of others. The boys came to America more because they wanted to help those they lived with than to make their lives better for themselves. This movie also gave me a powerful realization that what we in America is such a blessing. We do not have severe civil unrest and our lives are not constantly in danger. I feel that we all, including myself, could do a better job in being grateful for what we have, and by this we will have a desire to help those in the world who are not as fortunate as us. It is such a powerful movie and I think that everyone should take time to watch it! It is available for free on Hulu. I would love to hear what you all think of it as well. I loved it, so I hope you all do, as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment