Beginnings are Hard:
When I was younger (by younger I mean until I was twelve or so) there were many times when I was in church that my parents would take me outside to run laps around the church, so I could get all my energy out. I couldn't understand why I wasn't able to sit still and listen, while my peers could. I always struggled in focusing in school and the teachers would put me in a desk, at the front, by myself. I felt like I was singled out for something that I could not control.
I am Different:
When I started middle school, I had to leave class a lot because I would get so worked up over small things. I realized that there was something wrong with me sometimes and other times I could not tell what my parents were making a big fuss about. I had stopped taking my medicine and that is where my problems began. I felt so depressed and my moods were so off. Most of the time I felt that there was nothing that could make the pain go away. I felt so alienated from the world.
The Jump Start:
Right at the end of my eighth grade year I finally got the help that I needed. I definitely resisted at first, but it was the jump start that I needed to realize that I could do something better and feel something better in my life. It was a very bumpy road and it is in no way easy, but I have made life meaningful.
One of my favorite quotes is: "I didn't say that it would be easy. I said it would be worth it."
Lessons Learned:
I am a firm believer in this. The road that I have been on and the struggles that I have been through have in no way been easy, but I know that it is all worth it! And I know that it is true for anyone going through any kind of struggle. It is not going to be easy but IT WILL BE WORTH IT!
McKenzie, your post is absolutely beautiful and inspiring! I love the quote "I didn't say that it would be easy. I said it would be worth it." that you have shared. I do not think that I have heard of this quote (maybe I have, I just do not remember it) but I believe this sums up life. I have learned that life, through your post, that it will not be easy because of the struggles that we will all go through but what we learn and take from them help make it worth it. Great job!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for writing about this! I have a close friend whose sister also suffers from bipolar disorder and she has recently been going through a hard time. I have seen how it has affected her family and that it can sometimes be hard to understand. I think that your blog will help a lot of people to become more understanding, thank you so much for sharing! You did a great job! “I didn't say that it would be easy. I said it would be worth it.” is also one of my favorite quotes and I love that you shared that, thank you!!
ReplyDelete