Friday, February 14, 2014

The Problem With How we Treat Bipolar Disorder

Hello everyone! I read this article and loved what it said about how we treat this illness. I think in our world today we expect and want immediate results. This is not what we will receive, and the result is the exact opposite. It is not as a easy as taking a pill or two and the issue goes away. Getting healthy takes time and much effort. We have to take time and work on ourselves. You have to get help from other people. It is just like running. If you haven't run in a long time, you can't just run a marathon the day you start to run again. You have to train yourself to get into shape, then you can run the marathon. If you are struggling with this issue know that it won't get better immediately, but it will get better after time. In my life it took over 15 years. I can testify that taking the right medicine and accepting the right help makes all of the difference. If you work hard and are willing to make a change life will be amazing! You can do it!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/28/magazine/the-problem-with-how-we-treat-bipolar-disorder.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this article! I found it very enlightening. Depression and bipolar has never been something that is dominant in my life, so I can't say that I know too much about it. I have always thought that people with depression can decide whether or not they are depressed. Even though I still believe that there is always a choice, I've come to realize that depression and bipolar disorder are illnesses, not to be joked about. They are serious. It made me really sad to see all the problems that this woman was experiencing. I know it is something that I would never want to go through. I've also learned that we shouldn't judge. Everyone has their weaknesses, and everyone's weaknesses are different. I enjoy reading your blog and learning more about all of this. I think it's important to be educated in many areas, this one included. I hope to understand more about this topic, and I think your blog is a great place to start! Thanks McKenzie!

    ReplyDelete